Saturday, November 11, 2006

Its November...BAH-HUMBUG!

Well its November already, and as much as I don't want it to be, the Holidays are here. Ask Anthony, every year I get into the Holiday spirit, decorating, buying gifts, baking (i know that's not really what its about). Well this year is different! I wish I could boycott it all! I don't have to re-iterate what a hellish year its been, it just seems like the holidays are making it worse. We don't have our daughter to share it with, and now we don't have my mom to share it with either.
The Holidays of 2006 is being nicknamed "Grinchmas" for the Bencomo's this year. Each year we get an ornament with the year written on it. Last year it was a palm tree and beach since we went on a cruise last year around Christmas time. This year we were at the Lake Eola Arts Festival and I saw a Grinch Ornament made out of a light bulb...perfect I thought..what a perfect way to characterize 2006! I came across a Hallmark ornament someone gave us last year...it said "parents to be 2005". Its all different now. This morning I went to Kohls to finish some shopping and I had an anxiety attack being in the toy and baby section. (I wasn't there by choice, but b/c we had presents to buy for kids in the family). I don't even want to wrap presents. I will pay someone if I have to. If anyone knows a good wrapper please let me know! We were in the car after running errands today stopped at a red light. All of a sudden I hear the Mariah Carey Christmas song "All I want for Christmas" I couldnt believe it. There was a guy next to us, with his windows up, our windows up, blaring the song. Come on people its not even Thanksgiving!
I know I need to cheer up. I need to be strong for my dad and my neice and nephew. I know I at least have to make the Holidays nice for them. There are many of you, both friends and family, who have great things going on in your lives. We may not say it or show it, but we are happy for you, we are just having a difficult time. We look forward to the day when we can be happy and excited for things, and enjoy doing the things we used to do.
Well that's my rant for today. We are off to a candelight ceremony at Lake Eola tonight for people who have lost loved ones. Its also a way for people to kick off the Holiday season and give suggestions and tips on how to go through the holidays when grieving. Tonight UCF plays. Let's just say were not holding our breaths. We may go see BORAT, that will take our minds off things.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails